Terence O'Rourke's Managing Director Tim Hancock is really looking forward to Chairing today’s Business South Regenerate South Conference with over 240 delegates attending the Lakeside Conference Centre, North Harbour, Portsmouth.
There are some great speakers including:
- keynote speaker Andrew Carter from the Centre for Cities,
- a Panel of leading figures representing the “Urban Zone” of Bournemouth, Hampshire, Portsmouth and Southampton chaired by John Denham of the Southern Policy Centre,
- a great opportunity for investors to meet site owners during the “Meet the Site Owner” session
- an interactive discussion on regeneration themes led by Robin Shepherd of Barton Wilmore, and
- some thoughts on successful economic development and investment promotion from John Hanna, MD of GDP Global.
Speaking on the conference, Tim said:
"What can be more important than debating how business can work more closely with local authorities, LEPs, universities and other key stakeholders to secure a prosperous future for the South Coast Region? We have one of the most successful regions of the UK with a great natural environment, world class companies and a highly skilled workforce. But, unlike other regions of the UK, we have yet to resolve the challenge of collaboration for the greater good arising from the fragmented administrative boundaries."
"This conference provides an ideal platform to showcase the key sites for investment, meet and hear from key players in the region and share thoughts on how to better shape the vision for the Region. Bring it on!”