Press Release: 28:01:19
London First’s London Building week takes place this week with Terence O’Rourke as a conference partner, as well as chairing a session during Wednesday’s summit and presenting an award at Thursday’s London Planning Awards.
The event, which is centred around Wednesday’s one-day summit and Thursday evening’s awards ceremony at the National Gallery, will feature leaders from across the commercial property, housing and broader built environment alongside key political players, all keen to tackle London’s big development questions, for example:
- How will Brexit uncertainty affect investment in commercial property and are there opportunities for the bold?
- How does the draft London Plan need to change to better support development?
- What does the Mayor need to do to turn his housing targets from aspiration to reality?
On hand to assist with some of these key issues will be Housing, Communities and Local Government Secretary, James Brokenshire, as well as London’s Deputy Mayor for Housing and Residential Development, James Murray.
Terence O’Rourke Director Faraz Baber will be chairing a session entitled ‘Growing together or apart? London and the UK’ which will feature the following influential panelists:
- Deborah Cadman OBE, Chief Executive Officer, West Midlands Combined Authority
- Pete Gladwell, Head of Public Sector Partnerships, Legal & General Group
- John Mulryan, Group Managing Director, Ballymore Group
- Lucy Owen, Interim Executive Director of Development, Enterprise and Environment, GLA
- Fiona Fletcher-Smith, Group Director Sales and Development, L&Q
Terence O’Rourke are also delighted to be sponsoring the Mayor’s Award for Sustainable and Environmental Planning at Thursday evening’s London Planning Awards and will be looking forward to presenting the winner, to be selected from an extraordinary shortlist of projects.
Throughout London Building 2019, Terence O’Rourke will be posting key news and events via their Social Media channels.
More information on Building London can be found at https://www.londonfirst.co.uk/what-we-do/built-environment/building-london